Roland Forums

Micro-BR memory cards huge problems
Posted: 16 October 2008 04:47 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2008-10-16
Hi, I’m having trouble with memory cards. I ran low on disk space and so copied the Roland folder to another larger 1GB SD card which I had initialised with the Micro-BR, as per instructions. After doing so I noticed that the measure count was erratic during mastering and the “Drive Busy!” message was coming on. The end result was jumbled up tracks all out of time with one another (the tracks played back ok prior to mastering down and still do).

So I reverted to my original disk, deleted some tracks and optimised it. This freed up some space and so was able to master all 4 tracks down to mp3, but only on that disk.

Please can anybody help and suggest a 1 Gig card that will work, I have already tried 3 makes including SanDisk, Kingston and Integral.

Thanks in advance, Rob

Posted: 18 October 2008 07:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2008-10-16
Roland very kindly sent me a memory card. I thought that this would cure the problem but it has returned. Either I have a faulty unit or it has to be a design floor. The recorder was OK with its supplied 128MB card, but I ran into problems when I started using 1GB memory cards. Basically it trashes the disks and is unable to read the data. Windows can be used to fix this problem but only up to a point. I purchased a 1GB SanDisk as suggested in the pdf file and it trashed it within a day of use.
I’d just finished recording and started mixing down and exporting the files and I got a disk read error, and now I can’t do anything with my recording. It also trashed the disk supplied by Roland which was Kingston 1GB and two other 1GB disks.
Is it just mine or is anybody else having problems?

Posted: 28 August 2010 12:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-08-27
HAVING a same problem.
I've wasted two 1GB SC CARDS (a Kingston and a Trescend), and it's working only on 128MB that came in the box.
I hope to know the solution. Seems like other people are using 1GB SD CARDS just fine on the forum?

Posted: 16 September 2010 11:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-09-16
Sorry to hear of these problems. I got a Fuji film 1 Gig SD card to work OK.
ou could connect the Boss to a PC and move the files once your SD card is full to free up space.
You can get software to convert the Boss br0 file format to wav too

Posted: 11 February 2011 09:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-04-05
Hi, I have used a Memorex 1Gb card in mine from early 2008 and as yes not had a problem. When I want to record anything I transfer my recording to the JS-8 so the micro-Br always has space for any future recordings. Also I find these 2 units go hand in hand with each other, a very good set-up. regards Keith